Skip to content
- Statement by Cardinal Bo on Active Non-violence (https://paxchristi.net/wp-content/uploads/2023/10/Cardinal-Bo-Nonviolence-Statement.pdf)
- “Pope’s Message for 50th World Day of Peace ‘Nonviolence: A Style of Politics for Peace’ Vatican News, December 8, 2016, (https://zenit.org/articles/popes-message-for-50th-world-day-of-peace/); also “A Culture of Care as a Path to Peace” Pope Francis Message to the World, January 1, 2022, https://www.vatican.va/content/francesco/en/messages/peace/documents/papa-francesco_20201208_messaggio-54giornatamondiale-pace2021.html
- “The Military’s Carbon Bootprint. As the biggest single user of fossil fuels, why is the military exempt from the climate discussion?” Watershed Sentinel, January 30, 2020. https://watershedsentinel.ca/articles/the-militarys-carbon-bootprint/
- “Advancing Nonviolence and Just Peace in the Church and in the World – A Study Guide”, Pax Christi International, Catholic Nonviolent Initiative, 2021. https://nonviolencejustpeace.net/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Adv-Nonviolence-study-guide.pdf; Also. Pax Christi International statement on The double threat of nuclear weapons and climate change; https://paxchristi.net/2021/10/27/the-double-threat-of-nuclear-weapons-and-climate-change/
- World Beyond War offers their book, A Global Security System: An Alternative to War. It is based on nonviolent resolution to conflict. This book is available in hard copy and online. https://worldbeyondwar.org/alternative/.
- “Nataui’s Cap” by Bob Bartel, on the Innu’s struggle and frightening experience of repeated fighter jet flyovers. https://women-gender-equality.canada.ca/en/commemorations-celebrations/women-impact/human-rights/elizabeth-penashue.html
- “Beyond the Two State Solution”, by Jonathan Kuttab, a Palestinian lawyer, https://www.nonviolenceinternational.net/beyond_2_states_webinar and Jeff Halper, an Israeli and co-founder of the ‘Israeli Committee Against House Demolitions’, has written a number of books, the latest one being “Decolonizing Israel, Liberating Palestine”. https://www.plutobooks.com/9780745343396/decolonizing-israel-liberating-palestine/